Stain Cleaning Tips
Dealing with stains is tough as they might permanently affect the quality of your carpet or fabric fibers. In this article we highlight the best stain removing tips that will allow you to keep your home in top condition:
- If you have adhesive tape residual or chewing gum stuck to any fabric then you need to ice the spot first. Apply ice or cold water until the spot hardens then carefully use a knife to scrape off the hard substance. Apply a mild diluted cleaning detergent then let it completely dry.
- Deep colored beverages like coffee, tea and wine could be a little bit tricky to remove. First blot up the stain to suck up the moisture before trying to treat the spot. Apply a spot stain remover and let it work according to the manufacturer’s instructions. You can also create your own cleaning solution by mixing baking soda with water and applying this solution to any stain.
- Fresh blood stains usually respond to rinsing with cold water. Applying warm or hot water will let the stain sink further in. If you have a spot stain on your carpet or mattress, then use a cleaning product that contains enzymes. This will work with the tough dried blood stains. Enzymes containing products work well with other bodily fluids that don’t respond to ordinary detergents.
- If you are dealing with a yellow or brown discoloration from rust opt for a special detergent that is designed to remove rust. Using oxygen bleach can cause the discoloration to set in.
- Ink stains could be really hard to remove if not done properly. Always use an ink stain remover. Apply alcohol around the stain before applying the ink stain remover. Apply the remover to the back of the stain after placing it face down on clean paper towels. Replace the paper towels regularly.
- Nail polish could be really difficult to remove, sometimes even impossible. Try to put the stain face down and apply the nail polish remover to the back of the stain. Unfortunately nail polish removers can cause fabric discoloration so use it in the least amount.
- Paint spills are easy to deal with if you treat them fast. Rinse water-based paint and apply a mild detergent. Let it dry completely and repeat if necessary. If your paint is oil-based then use the same solvent that is advised on the paint box as thinner. This should dissolve the paint particles. If it is not available then you can use turpentine.
- Grass can cause hard to remove stains. Use oxygen bleach or a hypochlorite bleach if it is safe for your fabrics.
- To remove ice cream and milk stains, use a detergent that contains enzymes to dissolve the particles and to remove the odor.
- Always consider hiring a professional if you can’t deal with tough stains. These professionals will have the right and appropriate equipment and tools to save your fabrics, carpets and mattresses while removing all the tough stains.
When in doubt, always do the very best thing: Call your cleaning professional right away!
#spotremovaloncarpets #dirtycarpets #ottawacarpetcleaning
These are a few stain removal tips worth sharing with you. Checkout Ottawa Carpet Cleaning 360 often for more carpet cleaning tips.